My journey through life. Parenthood, Family, Friendships, Relationships, Course of my Studies and so on...
Thursday, March 3, 2011
That four letter word...
I read a bumper sticker today that stated, "stop thinking with your brain and live through your heart." I have a confession to make. I do live through the heart. I do thoroughly think decisions through however my end conclusion almost always comes from the heart. I am a logical person but I don't not think logically. I let my heart guide me. I could say this is a horrible way to live, for thinking with my heart has lead me to places I wish I had not gone. I could say this has made me bitter but I refuse to do so, if I could go back I would change a couple events, a couple choice made from the heart. Do I regret them, no. In this very moment I do not regret having done anything however knowing now what will happen, if I could go back I would save myself, my kids and a few others the time, trouble, confusion, hurt and so forth. When all is said and done, I am content with the way I process feelings, emotions and decisions from the heart. This is because I know I will never look back at my life and say, "I wish I had taken that leap of faith" atleast now I know what happened lol. If there is one message I can ever get my children to receive is truly, truly Asa, Amelia everyone...live as though each day is your last. Open your heart, don't be cold, don't be closed. Don't delay love and even if it isn't love don't delay feelings. I have heard people say, I am not ready for a serious relationship. I have even said this once or twice however, I never follow through. Ask yourself what is so wrong with love, when did love because another bad four letter word that is tabu to speak of? What happen to everyone? Love is wonderful, its challenging, funny, tingly and an array of emotions. So yeah sometimes it doesn't work out but stop worrying about that and live. Live from the heart, let your heart guide you. I took that leap of faith and landed flat on my face but dammit, I took a leap of faith and I say it smiling. Can you say that you have been so daring?
We are human, and I see that humans want to place time on everything. Time is a guideline the politically correct timing of dating, marriage, having children when in reality I have seen people date for years then get married and divorce the same year. I have met couples who married quick and stayed together for years to come still. I don't know about you but I do not want to be that person who maps out there life based on timing only to find out there time has been cut short. Then what? How does one prioritized life when they are dying and really come on, aren't we all dying? Every breath we take could very well be our last. Maybe just maybe though, I am the wrong one. I am not too high and mighty to deny I could be wrong. Maybe we should all close ourselves to feelings, to the world, to people as we are doing so gradually more and more with each day. Everyone is so hurt they will not allow emotions, and to those people I say wake up...who hasn't been hurt? Come on, I was lied to by a man who said he was dying, DYING and if I can get over a relationship based on his being sickly ill and finding out it was a sham, you too can get over whomever or whatever has hurt you. If I can allow trust and love in to my heart then so can you.