I found it hard to fall asleep last night, I tend to over analyze everything and well, I guess its a start knowing ones faults. I kept asking myself, how real are memories? Memories are in fact visions based on your perception, based on your own interpretations of the events that took place. We all know, children as well as adults do not interpret things the same way, not even on the same level. A classic example, when I was a child I swore up and down till death do I part that the three particular freckles on my upper shoulder were caused by a doctor issuing shots. I can recall irritating my Mother with this notion. I'm certain now as an adult that I was given shots however, I know now that shots do not inflict freckles upon ones shoulder. So, how do you know what you remember is real? I have all these memories and although the basis is correct, I realize as an adult there was a bigger picture. I see life as a revolving door especially when my Son, Asa, comes to me and says, "Mommy, I know my eyes are brown because I have had coke to drink." I smile, reflect for a moment, attempt to explain how eye color comes about and move on to continue our day.
Today was a good day, in fact this week has been challenging yet rewarding. My classes are going well. Four weeks into this semester and I couldn't be happier. I may be taking up the piano soon, possibly next semester. I can read music therefor I am self taught on the guitar as well as piano. I was explaining to one Instructor that I feel as though no matter how hard I practice I hit a dead end. I want to know music, not just read it, I want to learn technique, form and so forth. Did you know, Beethoven composed a piece while at the early stages of loosing his hearing? Did you know he removed the legs off a piano so he could feel the vibrations through the floor? Can you imagine? That is when you are one with your choice of instrument. That is how I want to be. I have written a few songs, trying to fine tune my guitar skills...as with anything...in time!