Monday, June 6, 2011

Clouds Cover Your Eyes

Sometimes I find my own words to be overwhelming. I want to sit down before you and let my fingers roam this keypad freely. I want to stop bottling the thoughts, ideas, and feelings I keep inside. I worry there is no such thing as freedom of speech, or maybe there is and you have the choice to live with the consequences of your words. My thoughts can be hurtful, my words can come back to haunt me. I may have said once before that my Father wisely said something along the lines of, "If you dont want someone to read your thoughts, dont write them down" and yet I want to, I want you to hear, to read what I have to say. I refuse to believe I can be held back by fear of saying the wrong thing, or possibly saying the right thing yet somehow coming out wrong. I always find myself in this place. I know of only one person who holds nothing back when confronting people. Part of me thinks he is nuts for being so bold. Another part of me commends him, maybe he is one of few who actually stays true to himself. He holds nothing back, he does not sugar coat. I do, sadly I feel the need to blanket life with sweet nectar to make truth easier to swallow. I dont do this with everything. I am honest and view life from a realistic stand point. I also feel my outlook has perks especially when considering the line of work I am pursuing. However, having said that. How do I break this cycle. Is it safe to open up my soul, allow you to see the core of my being, even knowing that in doing so will most certainly come with consequence.