Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My Loves

Asa Thomas was born on September 25th 2003 at 11:07pm and weighed exactly 7lbs 11oz interesting huh. He was a long labor, fifteen hours and a half hour of actual pushing. I will never forget the big butch German woman coaching me in a not so nice manner. He didn't sleep through the night for many months and he hated traveling outside the house after dark, his scream would make your toes curl. He has been a joy to watch grow, such a bright young man. The way he views the world, it wouldn't surprise me if he has the MENSA genes. Sometimes he out thinks me and then other times he quickly reminds me that he is still a child. 


Amelia Jeanine was born April 15th 2008 bright and early in the morning. My pregnancy with her was difficult from day one but nontheless enjoyable. She was 8lbs 12oz and slept through the night on day one. My labor was scary, terrifying. She had broken her clavicle and with in seconds they had tons of nurses in the room, I will never forget the look on the Doctors face and I wouldn't doubt if he did it. Anyhow she was a whooping thirty seconds of pushing. I prayed that I would connect and have a wonderful relationship with her but I feared that our relationship would be like that of my Mother and I. However, there was a moment in the hospital when it was just Amelia and I alone. I had her bundled up and placed her in between my legs, we kicked back and watched some tv...She would look up at me and it was the most peaceful moment. I knew then, her and I would be just fine:) There is nothing like seeing life...making life, building, teaching and watching life grow before your eyes. I only hope I can always recall every detail. If not, I atleast have this. 

Both my kids are rays of light, happy, wise beyond their years. They are beyond fun, excited and entertaining. They are a challenge worth taking, they teach me and enlighten, open my mind to things I may have missed. They are both completely different in personality. Asa is cool and calm, Amelia is a force. Asa is shy, Amelia is a flirt. I wouldn't trade them for the world. I will enjoy every moment I have with them and hope that it never ends. I dread the goodbye, the onset of adulthood but I will prepare them for such occasion. I hope that one day, they will view me as I do my own Father. But know this, I will always be there, no matter what!